Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chicks Rule

Hello again!

Just wanted to share another card with you because I'm really excited about learning a new trick/technique. This is my "Chicks Rule" card and will be on its way to my bestie Amanda on Tuesday.


The card was made using my Cricut Expression and the Wild Card and 3 Birds on Parade cartridges. Here are the materials and sizes:
  • Hanukkah Card from Wild Card, cut in blackout mode at 5 1/4" from green cardstock (I used Die Cuts with a View - 12 x 12 Neutrals)
  • Bird from 3 Birds on Parade in 3 1/4"
  • Egg from 3 Birds on Parade, the Bunny (Layer 1) set, cut at 3 1/4"
  • 5/8 " ribbon that I bought on sale a year ago (don't judge!)
  • 2 googly eyes
  • Chicks Rule stamp from Jillibean Soup's "Eggcellent" set and black ink
  • Zots, medium
  • Pop up foam squares from Scotch (my version of pop-dots... at least for now)
So the new trick I've learned is that you can adhere ribbon to cardstock using Zots. For this ribbon, I used medium Zots (permanent). I'm sure you could use large Zots for wider ribbon and small Zots for narrower ribbon.

You can also use the My Pink Stamper cheater method of taping the ends of the ribbon on the back side of the paper, but it only works if you are putting the ribbon on a mat piece of paper that will be adhered to the front of your card.

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to adhere the ribbon to my card!

In case you're wondering, the corresponding envelope will be cut at 5 1/4" as well (blackout mode).

No comments:

Post a Comment